In this coaching call, Coach Ron discusses the importance of consistency when moving toward your goals.
Once again, Brian Troop Keeps It Super Simple by offering listeners his goal setting action plan.
Before you dive into Brian’s steps for goal setting below, keep in mind that no goals will come to fruition without self-discipline.
Here is the 7 Step method to accomplish 10 times more than ever, and faster than you can imagine:
- Decide what you want. Be specific.
- Write it down. Place it in an area so you see it every day.
- Set a deadline. Make this a reasonable time period and write it down. Remember, there are no unrealistic goals, but there are unrealistic deadlines. If you miss yours, set a new deadline.
- Make a list of everything you can think of that you can possibly do to achieve your goals. Write down potential obstacles – external and internal, education or training required, and add to a list of tasks and responsibilities.
- Organize the list by sequence and priority.
- Take action on your plan immediately. Winners take the first step, even without having all the facts.
- Do something every day that moves you in the direction of this major goal.
You will develop momentum. It will be easier to take even more steps toward your goal when you gain momentum and stay with it.
10 Goal Exercise
- Start with a blank sheet of paper. At the top, write down the word “Goals” and today’s date.
- Discipline yourself to write down 10 goals you want to accomplish in the next 12 months. Family, fitness, material, financial, don’t worry about how you’ll achieve them, just write them down. Imagine that you can achieve all of these goals if you pursue them diligently.
- Imagine you have a magic wand you can wave to achieve one goal on your list in 24 hours. Which goal is it?
- Circle this one goal, and write it on the top of one sheet of paper. This becomes your single focus for 2016. Resolve to work on this goal every day until it’s achieved. Failure is not an option.
- Turn your goal into a question, and generate 20 answers to your question. “How can I __________ by this date?”
- Look over your list, and select one of those answers to take action on immediately.
Remember, you become what you think about most of the time.
Thought for the Day: Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.